Upload control is not sharing session with browser

Nov 17, 2008 at 12:26 AM
The uploader doesn't send cookies because when FileReceived is fired it is another session and not the user session. Is there any solution for this problem?
Dec 12, 2008 at 10:11 AM
Has anyone resolved this? This seems like a big issue. Without cookies you dont have any access to state (cookies, session)... so how do you know the context i which you are uploading the file for? (example: the userid of the logged in user)

CT
Dec 12, 2008 at 11:19 AM
Simple fix. This should be included into the code. Add this to the Upload control....

public string Url
        {
            get { return this._url; }
            set { this._url = value; }
        }

This is the URL that the SWF posts back to. It's usually set to "this.Page.Request.CurrentExecutionFilePath", but you can set it to anything you want. You can append any query string variables as needed. I had a couple so I encrypted them into one, and then decrypt them on the post back. Also, per FancyUpload recommendations, this should be set to a fully qualified url to address so quirky browser isssues.

Craig Tadlock
Tadlock Enterprises

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Hi, can u post the source code of your dll pls? the dll from "download" session doesn't work!! an this is a important update!

thankss